Therapist – Behavioral Health Provider
Amador Health Center’s Behavioral Health Provider will provide ongoing counseling, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for our patient population, which includes adults and children. This provider will be a collaborative partner in our health and wellness programs, as part of our integrative behavioral health/primary care approach. Services will be provided in-house, by telehealth, at off-site locations, and from our mobile medical unit.
Major Activities and End Results:
- Provide direct patient screening, assessment, diagnosis, and individual and group therapy to our patient population including adults and children.
- Participate in formal/informal mental health and substance abuse meetings and trainings.
- Help provide counseling to our target populations which include, the LGBTQ community, including gender-affirming services to youth and adults, migrant and seasonal agricultural workers, and people experiencing homelessness and/or substance misuse.
- Collaborate with other partners within the organization, which includes staffing cases and sharing documentation to better serve the patient.
- Keep abreast of behavioral health trends of high-risk populations.
- Comply with quality improvement plans and activities.
- Coordinate with other clinical staff and management on program planning and evaluation.
- Document work with patients into our EHR system and for our grant requirements.
- Available to assist in resolving crises when they occur.
- Be available to provide services at off-site locations which may involve using your own transportation to get to these sites.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Able to relate detailed information verbally and in writing
- Current license to practice in New Mexico; LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT, or LPCC
- Bilingual, Spanish/English
- Experience working with multiple evidence-based practices including CBT, trauma-informed care, and motivational interviewing.
- Experience working with under-served populations, such as agricultural and farm workers, the LGBTQIA community, and people experiencing homelessness, and people with substance misuse disorders.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties as requested by the supervisor. Duties may be changed or modified at any time.
All job offers are contingent upon background checks, pre-employment drug screenings and required COVID-19
Salary will be commensurate with local wages, as well as experience and education.
Amador Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.