Senior Financial Accountant
|PROFILE PERFORMANCE SOURCE||Professional||DIRECT REPORTS:||Possibly other finance staff|
We are seeking a financial accountant to assist with our growing Community Health Center. We are open to discussing part-time or full-time hours, depending upon experience and education. The accountant assists with various functions, including financial analysis, revenue recognition, cost allocation, program, and annual audit support, process improvement, and financial and internal controls implementation. The person serves as a key resource for the organization and provides daily financial oversight to ensure financial records are complete and comply with GAAP principles, board-approved finance policies, and federal, state, and local regulations. Assist with the monthly and year-end closing process, complete monthly financial statements with analysis, monitor expense activity, reconcile accounts monthly, prepare journal entries, and assist with payroll, billing, accounts payable, and other accounting/finance duties. Experience with fund accounting and grants management is a plus. Competencies include but are not limited to accuracy and attention to detail, financial and accounting systems, financial reporting, problem-solving, business math, accounting, teamwork, and managing expenses and finances—additional skills in accounting software packages and Excel. The finance accountant would be part of a team that includes a Finance Accountant and an outside bookkeeper who does payroll.
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Time Management
- Experience with accounting software and Microsoft Office suite
Essential Education & Experience:
- Minimum Qualifications: master’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Minimum 1-5 years of experience in accounting/finance and experience or interest in working with a Community Health Center or nonprofit organization.
- Experience with federal grant management with financial reporting requirements or healthcare billing
- Desired Qualifications: Work independently in a small finance department.