Board Member – Duties and Responsibilities
We look for board members who understand health care for people who are experiencing homelessness or are indigent. Our board members have a passion for our mission, and are willing to commit their time to attending board meetings, committee meetings, strategic planning sessions, and special events. Board members should be team players who listen well and consider issues thoughtfully. In addition, they should not have a conflict of interest with the organization, staff, or other board members.
Our board members must maintain the confidentiality of the issues we discuss, especially about personnel, patient health care, and governing the organization. The board reserves the right to ask members who fail to maintain this requirement to leave the board.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To put the interest of Amador Health Center above any personal or other business interest
• To maintain the confidentiality of board and health center information
• To prepare for, attend regularly, and actively participate in board meetings
• To serve on at least one committee
• To review information and data provided to the board and make informed decisions
• To exercise reasonable business judgment in the conduct of board business
• To assure the needs and interests of the community are represented in plans and decisions regarding services offered by the health center
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
• Understanding of the health center concept
• Understanding of health center operations
• Ability to read and understand financial statements
• Ability to work with other board members and in a community setting
If this sounds like something that you have the desire to do, and you have the time and experience we would love to hear from you. The first step in the process is to complete the application below and someone will reach out to you soon to answer any questions you may have and to schedule any next steps in the process.